YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT THE REASON YOU'RE NOT PURSUING YOUR DREAMS

Tuesday, February 7, 2023


Greetings Earthlings, go be your best self and know that you are supported. 

If you don't pursue your dreams, it's not because of your children. By actively making that decision, you are taking responsibility for it. You can make excuses or you can make it happen. Sometimes, I push through with tears and one kid on my hip. I refuse to look back and say they are the reason I didn’t do the things I wanted to accomplish. Instead, I would like to look back and say they are the reason I made it (insert profanity) happen!

My boys are my pride and joy. They have always been attached to my hips, literally. They say it takes a village to raise a child and I've learned why. Living in a state without my direct family to help has been incredibly challenging. I could have made excuses and given up on doing the things I wanted to do. There is nothing like being surrounded by family who are willing to help you when you need it the most. 

I started taking my boy with me to photoshoots instead of waiting weeks to get a schedule that worked best. I have to admit that it was a hassle, but after each shoot, I felt so accomplished and had an incredible sense of joy. This is how I knew this was indeed my purpose. I loved what I was doing way too much to let anything stop me from pursuing it. 

While my eyes were filled with tears, I did it with a heart full of love. The process was not an easy one by any means. It is probably the first time that I have admitted something like this publicly. Having to carry around a child on set was not all feathers and roses. I would be in so much pain physically after. There have been times when I wanted to give up.

In some way, we have collectively come to the conclusion that as soon as you become a parent, the phase of life when you become a parent ceases to exist. Parenting is a very personal thing and there is no one right way to do it. At the moment, there are some parents doing things they would have been doing without kids, like traveling the world. Instead of allowing the children to stop them from embarking on their adventures, the parents carry them along with them. As a matter of fact, I would like to encourage you to do the same.

In the absence of your children, you would find that there would be another thing that would hinder you from pursuing your dreams. Many people hide behind their kids because they take advantage of the fact that it is an acceptable excuse on their part. This is not only a valid excuse, but most of your friends will be supportive of your efforts to be a "responsible" parent.


 
It's important to remember that your children are not the only factor in achieving your dreams. Having children can make it harder to pursue specific goals due to time and financial constraints, but it's also possible to make it work. You can get creative with your time and energy, and you may even be able to find ways to involve your children in your pursuits. There are countless stories of parents who have achieved their dreams while raising children, so don't let your kids be an excuse for not pursuing your goals.

PS: Your favorite motivational mompreneur!

"I refuse to stay stuck in areas God said I would prosper in". - Melesia Robinson


PS: I LOVE YOU!

Please check out my book #SorryMelody, available on Amazon.


Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting, and stopping by: *

No comments :

Post a Comment