IN ALL SEASONS BE GRATEFUL

Tuesday, July 14, 2020



Greetings to all you 
amazing earth creatures. Lol, 
I know I said I would start updating my blog weekly, I think I skipped a week or two. So, I'm going to commit to updating it as frequently as I can. I'm putting way to much pressure on myself and I hadn’t come to this realization until I started writing this post. I have a lot going on mentally and physically. This blog post wasn’t supposed to be about my mental or physical health. When I thought about this post, I wanted to go on a rant about my recent photoshoot for my brand. I had a mini photoshoot session after my brand shoot for this post with my little sister, as I started to gather my thoughts and decided to select the images from my mini session, I realized my sister did a horrible job taking the pictures. I was drawn to the one above to go along with this post. She took about twenty, but they all sucked (in my opinion), well except for the one that made it to this post (which by the way I think sucks as well, but at this point, I needed an image for this post (bare with me on this one if you are in agreeance). It's not her fault, she's not a photographer and she doesn't know my angles, Lol. I was stuck trying to put things into perspective for this post. If you know me you know I'm not very long-winded and I like to set high goals. My goal with each post is to have about a four hundred to five hundred word count, anything less and I won't feel complete. (Sorry, this is what is recommended for bloggers to be successful, the perfectionist in me has to comply. Furthermore, I want my blog to flourish). I always want to keep things on here true to me and not rant about things that aren't affiliated with me, I mean its the reason why I started the blog.
Last night after I got home from my photoshoot, I was a little overwhelmed, I've been waking up super early to maximize my days as often as I can. This is all fine and dandy until exhaustion and anxiety begin to affect my wellbeing. Having to care for me, my kids, my momma kids, and running several businesses. You can begin to imagine how my brain is probably functioning throughout the day. I made a few goals to get the ball rolling for July for my fashion designing business. I've just been checking them off with the help of the universe. Things are going and looking great. I've been setting more realistic goals, SMART ones. I've heard the term many times, but I would set goals way above my means. What can I say, I'm a big dreamer, correction, I am a big, big, big dreamer because just one big wouldn't suffice for my level of extraness. I guess I could have used massive or enormous and maybe you would have gotten my point, maybe. To keep it a hunnid, I don't even talk like that. Lol 
About last night: Last night I selected the title for this post and today the universe dropped in my lap another reason why I should be grateful. I selected the title based on the things that have been going on in the world. I am here, I am healthy, still setting goals, and able to check some of those goals off. I Still can't believe all I had to do was write down my goals, pray about it, and watch it manifest itself. Sounds crazy right?!? Shit, I just had a Deja Vu while typing this! Okay, Universe I see you! This part of the post had nothing to do with why I selected the title last night, but I thought I would share that with you guys. I set a monetary amount in sales for July, and I made it within a week. WHOOP!! WHOOP!! I also manifested the shoot I was supposed to be ranting about. Now, this post is just one big rant about so many different things.  Now you see what it is like to be in my head. Lol, If you are going to run here is your head start. 
Last night: Have you ever been so grateful to be doing the things you love? Do you feel you are walking in your purpose? I got the opportunity to go out and shoot some amazing fashion this past Monday. This was so long overdue!  After writing things down and setting some goals for the month, I was able to schedule this shoot with an amazing photographer and model in the area. I woke up one day and made it my goal to reach out to five models and five photographers for the week. The following week I was scheduling shoots and talking concepts, I was super excited about this, when the pandemic happened I had so many projects that were scheduled to be done. I was most excited about this look book I was working on with a photographer and several different models. The concept was to evoke different types of emotions, with one image telling many stories. This was supposed to be the year of me showcasing my talents and pushing my limits with my designing skills. I had so many amazing ideas for gowns I was going to make, as per the themes. Things the world has yet to see me do. It was very unfortunate that things turned out the way it did, I like to think everything happens for a reason and God has something greater in store. 
To be able to get back into the groove of things with the amazing team I put together on Monday, it shoved me in a very emotional space, a good type of emotional space. I'm always grateful when I get to walk in my purpose and make others just as happy as I am. The model and photographer were raving and ranting in amazement of the gown, this made me feel really good inside and out. Moments like this has gotten me to appreciate the hurdles. It also inspired the title of this post. The title would probably make more sense if I talked about the things I wanted to last night. (I've exceeded my word count goal, so, I'm just going to end this now, I have a virtual conference call I need to get on). 😀 
Oh, wait, before I go my heels are the Mika Embellished Clear Pump from ShoeDazzle, arent they bomb? 

Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by: *

25 comments :


  1. Gratitude is the force through which we can be better and make not only our existence but also that of others richer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I completely agree with you. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I read to the end because I was just about to ask where did you get the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we just need a good rant and babble session! I definitely need them from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always ranting, lol. This blog is my escape. Lol

      Delete
  4. It is so important to grateful for everything that is happening into our lives whether it is good or bad. But I am happy that the one you are grateful for is making your dreams in a reality and I am happy for you. Aside from that, you are so beautiful with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hurdles right now are not easy but they will get better. That is a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also said I want to update my blog weekly but have failed at it this summer. my new goal is 12 times until September and I think that is doable. Also shoe dazzle for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    Great job!!
    Can we see the gown?.

    Keep up the amazing work!!!! Proud of you!!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, hey boo! I posted a video on my youtube channel. I'll leave the link here: https://youtu.be/EX0FUPTImpQ

      Delete
  8. I am looking forward to seeing the gowns you make! It's great that you were able to set realistic goals for yourself. I know I have that issue now where I basically add too many goals to my list of things to do, but I don't really evaluate how much time as well as energy I'll have to successfully reach those goals in the time frame I set. It's definitely a work in progress for sure. Looking forward to your future updates too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being grateful is a way to celebrate our presence, achievements anything we deem makes us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it’s so easy to take for granted all of the gifts that our lives offer. It’s so important to pause and give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being grateful for everything is really very necessary and the best thing one can do..indeed this blog post is quite interesting and amazing one for every of reader...Thanks for sharing..great work though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being grateful is very important if you want to be happy and healthy in my opinion. I love your dress and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading this! I love the picture of you, the dress is gorgeous and I need those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so agree with this. Been through so much this year already, still thankful even if I've went through a roller-coaster of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so agree with this. Been through so much this year already, still thankful even if I've went through a roller-coaster of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning in these shoes.Need to pass on shoedazzle to my friends

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a wonderful message. Gratitude is so, so important everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you look great in the photo. But I'm like you. She did the best she could, but it could be so much better. I'm actually a professional photographer, but not a "fashion" photographer. Angles make such a huge difference. I used to do "boudoir" photos for some of my clients and was always thrilled when they couldn't believe how great they looked, "like people in magazines." Angles and photoshop can make us all look phenominal.

    I agree about the weekly posting too. I try, but sometimes I'm just too busy. I need to be more consistent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's so self sabotaging. I’m working on myself. Thank you!

      Delete