IT'S MY BLOGAVERSARY!

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Dress by Melesia Robinson







Greetings Earthlings, WOW! It has been eight years since I started this blog. I wanted to do something extravagant to celebrate, but, eh, life happened. When I started this blog, I was pregnant with Caesar. I'm currently married with two children. Whew! Time sure flies when you are having fun or facing many obstacles. I'm so unprepared for this. I'm going to do my best to celebrate mentally and give you guys an update on my life. I'm not proud that I've been neglecting my blog. I honestly need to commit to something. Maybe even three post a year. I can't believe this is my first post for the year, sheesh! I'm a little embarrassed. Lol, I'm doing bad out here in these blogging streets. Not really, my number are high. All praised to the divine! 

Let's reflect on the last eight years and talk about some things I've learned. I might even share a few of my journal entries (wink, wink).

On Sunday, April 7, 2013, I decided to start this blog. I had no expectations. I initially wanted to document my journey as a new mom to be. I was a lot more consistent, I was in such a great space mentally. The supreme being was showing out. I was thrilled about the blessing that was unfolding. I wanted to share all this amazing energy with the world. I know, I've been sucking at it! The great news is if you follow me on Snapchat (@fabulousperks) and watch my Instagram stories, I'm very active there. Let's kick things off with these journal entries and lessons.


LEARN TO FORGIVE:


 Journal Entry 

"November 28, 2013, 08:00 AM My year! I have so much to give thanks for: I'm thankful for having a successful business and all my supportive friends and family. I'm thankful that every lesson I've had to learn was graceful. I'm thankful for the path I chose, the mistakes I've made, and most importantly the changes I've made. Today, I'm thankful for my baby boy. He completes me, he completed us. Ohh and of course I'm thankful for my mister lover, lover I give him a lot of props for dealing with my craziness (we all know I'm CRAZY). With that being said, I'm ready to enjoy the day with my family & friends while we stuff our faces."


This was my morning entry - to my surprise, my day didn't turn out so well. My mother-in-law said something so hurtful, I was ready to pack up and leave. I was never the type to stand for anyone's shit. I had to learn to forgive her so that I could have internal peace. I also understand that hurt people, hurt people. What she said to me was a reflection of the things she was going through. It wasn't fair of her to project her hurt on me, but I was an easy target then. Out of respect, I didn't say anything to her. I sat there and almost allowed what she said to eat at me. It wasn't until a few days or maybe even months later I told my husband. In life, you learn to forgive people for yourself, especially if you want to live a happy and peaceful life. It was a rocky relationship, but that's another story. I've had many more lessons on forgiveness, but this one was the first one in my journal. 


BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY WORKED OUT:  


Journal Entry


"December 14, 2013, 02:22 PM: Just when I thought being able to conceive was impossible. Without prayer, without belief, there would probably be no you. I'm so rich! I've got health, wealth, love, happiness, and a family to call my own"


Right before I found out we were expecting, my husband and I tried to conceive, after months and months of being disappointed. I decided I didn't want to try anymore. I started working out, I mean, I couldn't bear a child, so I might as well get fit. So, my outside wasn't reflecting the pain I felt inside. I would rise up daily and go running in our neighborhood. We would go out often for lunch and sometimes dinner. I recall we went out for lunch one week. I was disgusted with the food. I mean I was gagging at the thought. I started thinking maybe I should stop eating out. This was a sign that I should start cooking more. My husband suggested that I took a pregnancy test. I was so against it because I was afraid it would be negative. Plus, I had a doctor's appointment in a few weeks. I agreed to take the test. I ended up taking one right before bed, of course, it was negative. I was devastated! I hated him for persuading me to take the test. I was on my knees at our bedside, crying my eyes out. My husband then joined me, we prayed. I later found out I was indeed expecting at my appointment. You have to believe that the things you desire and pray for have already worked themselves out.

LEARN TO BE STILL: 


In 2014 I was forced to close my boutique. It was too much for me. I was a new mom with no help. My husband was doing all that he could to help, but I needed more. I was having way too many late nights researching, packing orders, and doing so much more. I would be exhausted from being up all night and having to care for my newborn, all while learning how to do the whole parenting stuff. I had to pick a struggle. I choose to be the stress-free, attentive mother that my child needed. I later had regrets shutting the business down. I then realized that the divine had something remarkable for me. What I saw as a failure was a blessing. 


In 2016 after moving on divine timing, I was guided to get my sewing machine out of storage. Something told me don't stop until you can sew, to my surprise I made a skirt that day. Yay, me! I taught myself how to sew. Sewing was therapy for me. I love and enjoy doing it so much. I went from purchasing clothes from vendors to making my own. I wore the skirt I made the following day. I got so many compliments! I even got a few requests for orders, which I declined. I wasn't half as confident as I am now. I was having a proud moment, I found my passion! 


PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR GUIDES: 


Your guides are your intuitions, dreams, visions, and the voice in your head. We are all spiritual beings, we are all magical af. 2018 taught me that God is within me, I am a Goddess! My awakening period started when I was at my lowest. I'll be sharing a video soon on how this started for me and how I see life differently. I spoke about a few of my experiences on my YouTube channel, subscribe because I'll be sharing some more of my journey. I trust in the divine and divine timing. 


10 Random facts about me 

1. I am the easiest person to make laugh.

2. I'm a Veteran. 

3. I'm very picky and now an aspired vegan.  

4. I'm not the same person I was a few seconds ago.

5. I have a healing spirit.

6. I'm passionate about all that I do. 

7. I'm at peace! I won't stand for anyone disrupting my peace.

8. I'm very selective with how I share my energy.

9. I'm wealthy! 

10. I love you! 




Dress is by Melesia Robinson
Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by: *

10 comments :

  1. Happy bogVversary. I too have been inconsistent at times. I think there are moments as a mom you have to let things go by the wayside. I have taught myself to see and while I am no pro I have learned to make skirts, palazzo pants, a shirt, and handmade a quilt. Sewing and gardening are the things that give me peace, but I garden more than sew as the youngest plays in the yard and stays entertained better. I am wishing you an amazing year wherever and whatever it brings you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogaversary! This is such an exciting time for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years is a long time! Phew! I am so proud of you for keeping up with your passion for writing and documenting your feelings! Keep inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beutiful post, MZ Melesia! Enjoyed every ounce of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blogaversary - a lot can happen in eight years time - life has given us quite an unexpected turn for the past year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogaversary!! It's awesome that you've been blogging this long. It's great to start a blog as a journal where you can chronicle the transitions in your life and be able to go back to relive those experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Happy bloganiversary Wow eight years is a big milestone wishing you all the best and cheers to come more years on your blog journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing news and Happy Blogaversary! That is such a big milestones and you definitely had quite the rollercoaster years. Cheers for more productive years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is great. I read a lot of interesting things from it. Thank you very much for sharing. Hope you will update more news in the future, sylebuzz


    stylebuzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is great. I read a lot of interesting things from it. Thank you very much for sharing. Hope you will update more news in the future, sylebuzz


    stylebuzz

    ReplyDelete