HUMBLE PIE

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

 

Greetings Earthlings,

I was lead to share with you all a few of my journal entries. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. I know these entries are going to reach those it is intended to. If it doesn't resonate it simply isn't for you and that's okay. Learn to run or walk with the things that touch your soul. When the idea came to me, I thought, wow! This is freaking genius. Most times, I struggle to find topics I want to talk about on here. I have all these thoughts that have been expressed, most will make a perfect blog entry. This entry is from earlier this year. 


Journal Entry: 

I felt compelled to journal this am, it's been almost a month since my last entry. You would think life just decided to take a full-stop. (This was a thought that shouldn't have occurred, I learned that I am always inflow).  I’m still here pushing and living the best version of my life experience. I’m more open to loving and divine connections, I look for the lessons and accept my blessings. I embrace my guides and my gifts. I had the most humbling experience last night. 


My mom friend spent the night, let’s call her Ms. B. To be clear, I’ve always been the type of person that practices humility, I pride myself on being a very upstanding citizen. I realized how spoiled my mindset was. I also realize how easy it is to cast our own beliefs and emotions on others. It's interesting to me how the mind allows room for judgment that causes many other issues. When you are working on yourself, you see things differently. I try to see things from a light and a loving place.


I needed this lesson to fully embrace and understand the art of judgment, contentment and simplicity. Ms.B came in and she asked for a sheet and blanket, laid it out on the floor, and went right to sleep, unbothered and unfazed af. My initial thoughts were why didn’t she go get a room at a hotel. I pride myself and speak so proudly on not sleeping on anyone’s floor and that pride is filled with nothing but egotistical energy. I speak so highly of it like this makes me better than anyone, was I intentionally proud of this, No. I realized how foolish this type of thinking was. Amid my thoughts rambling, my thought made several pivots. I started thinking of ways I could help to make Ms. B more comfortable and wishing my situation was different, to help her. But, who said she wasn’t comfortable having the space to be able to rest for the night? 


I know she is very hardworking and she is currently employed. I questioned why was she choosing to lay on someone’s floor. Here I was pushing my ego, pride, and beliefs on Ms. B. All these tainted beliefs stemmed from a place of ignorance. This experience made me very grateful for the life that I’m living, It thought me that I needed to be more disciplined with my thoughts and actions. I was served a slice of humble pie. 


I just went through a major transition, which I will create a later detailed post in another post and on my youtube channel. You'll know I can't give all the sauce all at once. Trust the process!  


My situation isn't ideal and it could have been a lot worst. I needed to accept wholeheartedly this is exactly where I needed to be, I needed to find the lesson in my transition. I learned that I need to be comfortable and content in every season all while being grateful. People are going to think and assume what they want about you regardless of the choices you make. I am learning to live according to my will and no one else's. My journey is my journey. If I live my life based on people's beliefs and opinions, I am robbing someone of the opportunity Ms. B gave me. 



Each day I will challenge myself to remove judgmental thoughts and be extra conscientious about pushing my ego, beliefs, and pride on others. It isn’t fair to myself nor is it fair to others. Everyone’s journey isn’t going to look and feel like mine, who am I to judge anyone on their path, because it looks different from mine or because I’m not comfortable enough to accept what is comfortable to others. 


I've been working on loving myself and being disciplined in different areas of my life and I needed to work on diversifying this in other areas. I read somewhere that "Discipline is one of the highest, if not the highest, form of self-love. It is quite literally telling yourself that you will delay instant gratification and comfort for better things to come in the future. Discipline is trusting yourself by doing what you said you were going to do. By aligning your actions to your thoughts. From thinking to doing, to being. True self-love is how you manage yourself in the face of adversity. What you are willing to do to create the version of yourself you admire the most. True self-love is hard. It is the hardest yet most rewarding thing you can ever do." I thought wow! This is powerful. A little off topic, I practiced my one year anniversary of being a pescatarian recently. It has definitely been a challenge, but also so very rewarding. I'll discuss this in another blog post.


It's amazing to me how one scenario can change your life drastically. I needed to be here to experience what I did to process the mental aspects of it all. This has definitely humbled me to want to master the art of judgement.  


Thank you guides for the lesson, I’m forever grateful. 


Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by: *

9 comments :

  1. Love the journal Entry! With Ms. B, you're right, it comes down to self discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about delayed gratification a lot lately. This was a great confirmation of its importance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful journey. That is a big hurdle to remove judgmental thoughts and love oneself, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work hard (seriously, daily!) on not being judgmental. I was not put on this earth to judge others. And I too have been served humble pie. But humility looks good every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. being judgmental is really very common nowadays but it is the worst thing which destroys our own personality...though great journey...appreciable...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always try to find the good in people. We never knew what someone is going through.
    Love your journal entry! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working on loving ourselves and being less judgmental is definitely one of the best things about self-growth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. People felt greater interpersonal control, interpersonal support, positive emotions like happiness, and had higher life satisfaction than those who had a more difficult time with this skill. The researchers say that 'judgmental ability is related to important relationship outcomes for the person making the judgments .

    ReplyDelete