Learning To Love Myself Valentine's Day 2022

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day, 2022!
How often do you look in the mirror and tell the person looking back "I love you"? 
How often do you give yourself a hug? How often do you give yourself a high five or a pat on the shoulders? 
How often do you celebrate yourself? 

These are all things I had to re-learn, I thought I was loving on myself, I learned that loving oneself would never leave you feeling dipleted and worn out. Loving yourself is when you can set healthy boundaries and not feel guilty about choosing you. It requires you to stand in love for yourself even when the people you love the most don't understand. 
  • I'm grateful for loving myself 
  • I'm grateful that I love and value myself 
  • I'm grateful for being loved and supported 
  • I'm grateful for being guided and supported 
  • I'm grateful for divine connections 
  • I'm grateful for being so intuitive 
  • I'm grateful that my greatness is activated 
  • I'm grateful for walking in my purpose 
  • I'm grateful for being so amazing 
  • I'm grateful to be so creative 
  • I'm grateful to be so gifted and talented 
  • I'm grateful to be divinely connected 
  • I'm grateful I get to rewrite my version of the life I desire 
  • I'm grateful that I get a chance 
  • I'm grateful I have the courage to share my journey 
  • I'm grateful that I am brave
  • I'm grateful that I am a go getter 
  • I'm grateful I get to put me first 
  • I'm grateful that the source of my being is always working for me 
  • I'm grateful that God (source) has never failed me
  • I'm grateful that I believe in my powers 
  • I'm grateful that I am the luckiest girl in the world 
  • I'm grateful that abundance flow around and through me

I no longer attach myself to things or people that doesn't align with my purpose, it's fuck you, I love you, it's balance. I would give so much of myself to other, and blame those people for not returning the love I give. I gave my energy so freely, the reality is most people are takers and they will take even from your empty cup. I gave so much of myself to others, I completely lost myself. My dad's transition wrapped up this image I had in my head that taught me such valuable lesson. Being selfish is such a healthy boundary , it's only perceived as a bad thing from the person who wants to benefiting from your willingness to give. According to the dictionary selfish means: (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure. 


It's not selfish to put yourself first, a taker prioritize their needs, they don't care how that need is met as long as it's met. I learned to put my needs first, when my needs are met then, I can genuinely give to those who are in need without emptying my cup. This doesn't make me selfish and considering my needs is self care. I was that girl that would give the shirt off my back to anyone in need, now, I'm the girl that knows I need my shirt as well, however, I'm willing to help you get a shirt that way I don't have to walk around without. 


The love I gave so freely I now give to myself. I learned that I'm a very important factor in every equation. I had to learn how to tell people I love - no.  I am not here to please anyone, my people pleasing days are far behind me. If my "NO" offense you, that's your problem. It sounds very harsh, but people need to learn to accept that I am living this human experience as well, being a "YES" girl was distractive to my being and the life I'm working to build. If it's a "no" for me, it's a healthy choice I had to make for MYSELF, which no one else is going to consider. If that upsets you then I can't believe that you love me, you love the benefit of being in my space. The asker isn't going to consider how you saying "yes" effects your livelihood, because it's want they want to fill their need. Therefore, it's my duty to consider these things. 


I'm an amazing gift giver to everyone around me, now I'm an amazing gift giver to myself. This Valentine's Day I gifted myself things I've had my eyes on. These last few years I've been putting myself first and I have to admit, it feels amazing. I have to learn not to forget my kids in the process, because I like gifts too… JK! 


For Valentines day I gifted myself these beautiful black Astrid Patent Red Sole Pumps by Christian Louboutin 

And the Cabata Mini Spiked Textured-Leather Tote bag also by Christian Louboutin

It feels really good to have healthy boundaries and even more amazing to be loved by me. It's the gift that keeps on giving! 

PS: I LOVE YOU!

What did you gift yourself for Valentine's Day? 

What have you done for yourself lately? 

What healthy boundaries should you consider setting? 

My first publication is available on Amazon. Get your copy here or type in #SorryMelody in the Amazon search box.

Identifying Your superpowers and using them to master life. #SorryMelody


Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by: *

4 comments :

  1. Super love the Louboutin shoes, they are gorgeous! It is awesome that you gifted yourself these awesome shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when people have this kind of realization. We all need to love ourselves first before others will love us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to love yourself is number one. Love these kind of posts and I hope there will be more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these sentiments are very beautiful and inspiring!
    I love them.
    P.S.: I have been looking at your outfit fashion photos and watching some of your YouTube videos.
    You are beautiful in every way.
    P.S.: More than 6 months belatedly, Happy Valentine's Day <3 xx

    ReplyDelete