HAPPINESS IS IN THE MOMENTS

Friday, April 21, 2023

While in Bali, Indonesia 

Heyyyy,  Happy Taurus Season! Happy reading!

Many of us first experiences of happiness were seen on television shows, in movies, or read about it in books. Media plays a big role in shaping our perceptions of happiness. We often see depictions of happy endings in movies, TV shows, and books where characters overcome obstacles and find happiness. These depictions can create certain expectations and standards for what happiness should look like and influence our own pursuit of happiness. These depictions are often exaggerated or simplified for storytelling, and may not reflect real-life experiences. Everyone's path to happiness is different, and what works for one person may not work for another.

Ultimately, it's up to us as individuals to define what happiness means to us and to pursue it in a way that feels authentic and meaningful.

I don't mean to brag, but I have it all: I have the husband, the newly built house, the luxury car, the healthy and fly kids, and the popular French bulldog. This was my life until 2018, and the thought never occurred to me whether I was happy or content. It's common to go through periods in life where we are uncertain and not sure if we're happy or content. Sometimes, we get so caught up in our day-to-day activities and responsibilities that we don't reflect on our overall well-being. It would have been safe for anyone to say that I was the true definition of the American dream. I can't say I was miserable and hated life, but something was missing. Life threw me a curveball to get me to look within and that's exactly what I did. Since then I have grown so much and learned many understandings of myself and what happiness really feels and looks like for me. 

Happiness is an emotion, and like all emotions, it comes and goes. It's normal to experience a range of emotions throughout life, including happiness, sadness, anger, and everything in between.

One of the challenges with the pursuit of happiness is that we often expect it to be a permanent state of being. We may feel disappointed or frustrated when we don't feel happy all the time or when our happiness fades. Happiness is not a destination or a final destination. Instead, it is a journey that requires ongoing effort and attention. It is not a one-size-fits-all experience. What brings happiness to one person may not bring happiness to another. Therefore, it's important to explore what happiness means to you personally. The other day I was in the shower washing my hair and for the first time, I was present and filled with joy and happiness. That's when it hit me that I had it all wrong. I realized that happiness is in the smallest moments and in the big moments. Happiness is also having my kids greet me at the door when I get home. It is having a solo concert in my car, or linking up with my friends to do hoodrat things. 

Happiness isn't a permanent state of being. Everyone's path to happiness is unique. You might not find fulfillment in the moments I find happiness. It is important to do the work on yourself, be present, and feel the great moments that life gives you. 

Happiness is something that we all strive for, but it can be elusive and hard to define. However, research has shown that happiness is not just a fleeting feeling, but a state of being that we can cultivate and maintain over time. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the science-backed ways to increase happiness in our lives.

  1. Cultivate gratitude - Practicing gratitude has been shown to have a positive impact on our well-being. Take some time each day to reflect on the things you are grateful for, whether it's a kind gesture from a friend or a beautiful sunset. This can help shift your focus from what's lacking to what you have, leading to increased feelings of happiness and contentment.

  2. Find purpose and meaning - Having a sense of purpose and meaning in our lives can contribute to our overall happiness. Think about what gives you a sense of fulfillment and try to incorporate more of that into your life, whether it's volunteering, pursuing a hobby, or making a career change.

  3. Take care of your body - Our physical health is closely linked to our mental health. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet, and exercise regularly. Even small changes, such as taking a daily walk or practicing deep breathing exercises, can have a significant impact on our happiness and well-being.

  4. Practice mindfulness - Mindfulness is the practice of being present and fully engaged in the moment. This can help reduce stress and increase feelings of happiness and contentment. Try incorporating mindfulness into your daily routine through activities such as meditation, yoga, or simply taking a few moments to pause and focus on your breath.

Happiness is a state of being that we can cultivate and maintain through intentional practices and behaviors. By focusing on gratitude, social connections, purpose and meaning, physical health, and mindfulness, you can increase your overall sense of happiness and well-being.


I love this for all my readers, go find happiness and come back to tell me about it. I'm looking forward to reading your stories.


PS: I LOVE YOU!

Please check out my book #SorryMelody, available on Amazon.


Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting, and stopping by: *

2 comments :

  1. I enjoyed reading this so much! The four ways for maximizing happiness are so obvious but yet so overlooked. Thank you for shedding your light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational! I totally agree with the fact that happiness is a pursuit and not a destination. Love the post keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete