TRAVELING TO NEW YORK DURING COVID 19

Thursday, June 11, 2020

For those of you who don’t know, I grew up in New York. Brooklyn, New York to be exact, I arrived on an airplane at the tender age of 8. Lol, I didn’t arrive on a boat like the kids use to tease in school. I’ve been living in Virginia for a few years now, I lived here for 4 years while I was in the service, then moved to New Jersey for 4 years and back and forth between NY and VA then settled in VA, this is another story for another post. It has been a while since my immediate family, and I traveled to New York prior to the pandemic. I was looking into moving back to New York in March 2020, but that didn’t go as planned and them the pandemic happened. It was so scary how this virus just came about and took so many lives. This made us realize how we’ve neglected our loved ones back home. We were desperately in need of a trip to New York. I have my mom, brother a little sister in New York, and my husband has both his parents who are older and his only sister who recently passed of MS and his niece. We were doing fine with keeping in touch but dreadfully wanted to visit. 
 
With all the sadness and depressing news circulating from the pandemic and the riots and looting, we wondered what would be next, not expecting to hear the news we received. We are both family orientated, we also have a tight relationship with the family we came from, we were making plans to visit as soon as we were in the clear from the virus. Unfortunately, for us, we had to drive to NY as soon as we heard about the passing of my sister in law. She battled Multiple sclerosis and fought a good fight for a few years.
 
 

We made arrangements so that we would have enough time to visit my mother, brothers, and younger sister while we visited, who lives in another borough. Of course, we have our moments of sadness and remembrance. But we also, want to celebrate the life my sister in law lived and not dwell on the emptiness and hurt we feel. Coping with the passing of a friend or family member isn’t easy its probably one of the hardest challenges that we face. It’s a natural part of life, although in the midst of things we wonder and ask God why. We grieve in so many different ways, we know the people God gives us is a gift, and one day they will be taken away from us. 


So, here are some ways to cope with a loss. I’m no doctor and I’m just making recommendations, this might not work for everyone. I’m not making any claims that these methods will definitely work, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Move on with your life! This sounds a bit harsh, but I’m sure that, that friend or family member wouldn’t want you to dwell on their new journey. Dwelling on the loss of someone can cause more damage to you than you may think, as old folks used to say STRESS KILLS. The grieving process can take a toll on one’s body, make sure you are getting plenty of rest, eating, and if you can muster yourself up to eat try to eat balanced and healthy meals. Reach out and help others deal with the loss. If you are helping someone else to cope with the loss, it can help boost your confidence to heal during the trying times. 
I did a little photo shoot with my sister with intentions of sharing them with you guys. This was just a casual day visiting my mom. I’ve had this dress from Boohoo, way before I started making my own clothing. I could barely fit the dress as you can all see, lol. Just kidding I was super bloated. Why must we get so bloated throughout the month, it’s so not fair. It’s like after a child our bodies remind us once a month of the 9 months load, we carried. 
So, I wore this red boohoo off the shoulder dress and paired it with my cherry Katy Perry Geli. I’ve had these Geli’s for about 4-5 years, actually, I have a few. I love her Geli collection, they are so cute, and the packaging is incredible. The lemon Geli was the first from her collection that I purchased when I unbox the sandals the aroma of lemon filled the air, I thought I was losing my mind, I sniffed the sandals and sure enough, that’s where the scent came from. I had my husband sniff it as well, I thought to myself, no way these sandals really small like lemons. I was already obsessed because the sandals are yellow, which is my favorite color. It was the most mind-boggling moment; it definitely added additional excitement to the unboxing experience. 

Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by: * 

14 comments :

  1. Wow that dress looks good on you! Glad you had fun and the photos are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the dress and those shoes. You look stunning, girl! Family will be family and a family oriented person would always to be around family! Sending light and love to you and your family. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, great to be able to visit your family! Great dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling to new york is difficult but looks like you look great in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for the loss of your sister in law. And you are right that you have to move on. Our loved ones would always choose that for us so we should do it to honor them and try to remember the good things and times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the outfit looks so lovely and attractive and you look much gorgeous and stunning in this beautiful outfit...Stay safe...stay blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss going to NYC. I live across the river but I'm not brave enough to venture there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about the loss of your sister-in-law. However, I am glad you go to see your family. It seems like it was very much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My parents came up here for the summer and although I was nervous I'm happy to have them here. Stay safe friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress is absolutely stunning.
    I'm glad you are with your family.
    Being around my family makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful dress. I hope your family in ny is safe and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear for your loss. Family is family as they say. Thanks for sharing your insights, this can be a great point to moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Losing someone, at any given time, is horrible but this pandemic just amps up everything. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. From what I've seen, New Yorkers are making the most of the situation. The atmosphere has turned into more of a European feel, which I personally prefer.

    ReplyDelete