SONIC THE HEDGEHOG THEMED PARTY

Friday, June 5, 2020


On Tuesday, which was June second we were supposed to have friends over to celebrate my firstborn, 7th birthday. We had a slight change of plans, with one heartbreaking phone call. On June first, his paternal aunt passed away. She was battling Multiple Sclerosis for a few years. She had a blood transfusion scheduled in May, but due to the coronavirus and living in New York City, which is one of the high-risk areas, the doctors kept putting it off. When COVID 19 started, they stop giving her the proper treatment needed. As the days and months flew by her symptoms worsen. Her last few days it took a sudden shift for the worst, her organs just kind of started failing her, it all happened so fast. She started having kidney issues and next thing we knew she was frightening a greater battle than we could even begin to understand. It still hasn't hit us yet that she has passed on. The world that we once knew just seems so different. This year has taught me so many things, and the year is only halfway through. To those who have lost a loved one during this time, I feel you. I'm actually ready for 2020 to end, I'm ready for a fresh abundant start. 
Caesar’s aunt would totally want to see him happy and filled with joy for his birthday. To celebrate my baby's birthday, we invited his best friend over.  It was kind of random, when we got the news we decided to just cancel and celebrate with just the immediate family. Caesar asked if his friend could come over and we thought it wouldn’t hurt to have one friend over, as opposed to the gathering I had planned. I didn't set up how I intend to, but the set up was just enough to keep him smiling. His father and I are planning to throw him a surprise party, maybe the end of this month. Plus, I order all these party goodies and I don't know a kid more deserving. It's also the end of the school year and he crushed it with honors, a grand celebration is definitely in order. 

I made a post on social media dedicated to my baby boy and this was the caption; To the kid who came into my world and added so much value. You taught me that mistakes our parents make should be forgiven, even if they don't learn to correct it, you taught me, UNCONDITIONAL love. I love you with every fiber of my being. You will live the divine life you were sent here to live; your blackness will be cosseted. Ashe!

Blazer & Pants: h&m | Sneakers: Puma
I made the birthday boy pancakes, egg white, and sausages. 

Cake and cupcakes by Taste with Elegance


Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo
Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by: * 

20 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh this is ADORABLE. I totally need to introduce my nephew to Sonic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed the theme! I bet it was the best day ever for your little man! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love sonic the headgehog. I think this would be a great party theme. Yesterday was my sons 3rd party and ours was THe Veggietales. Sonic theme looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/06/red-lace-lingerie-see-through-plunge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, Happy Birthday to this cute and adorable young man. Lastly, I really love this Sonic theme birthday party everything is so beautiful!Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! The decorations look lovely. I'm sure you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to the bday boy..well it was an surprising birthday as it came with a heartbreaking news..feeling sorry for her aunt...🙂.. (World in Eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done an incredibly memorable themed birthday party, Mama! Simply unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your first born. Sorry to hear about your boy's aunt. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to not be able to get the proper medical care because of the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is way too adorable! I love Sonic and even as an adult I would scream if you made me an alike birthday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the theme so much and the blue suit really cute. I really enjoy reading and looking at the party set up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super love the theme, it is very well executed, everything looks so perfect!!! So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pancakes are everything! This was a fun theme for a party. We love Sonic. I'm glad he had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your son does look so cute and adorable. So sorry for your loss. Losing someone isn't easy but I hope you all find the strength to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously such a cute party! We love Sonic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is a little gentlmen. Love his outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This theme is really adorable! It's such a fun way to liven up the atmosphere and it seems like your kid loved it too! Love how you're very creative and hardworking :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVe the theme for his birthday!!! And your son looks super stylish in his outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday blessings to your precious son. What a sharp looking young man. Love the outfit!
    Elizabeth O

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's so adorable. Happy birthday to you. Wishing you many, many more happy birthdays.

    ReplyDelete