I'M BACK: My Covid 19 Birthday Celebration

Sunday, May 17, 2020




Wow! I can’t believe my last real post was in 2015, not that the one in 2017 and 2018 wasn’t, life has just been such a journey for me. I seriously can’t believe It has been years since I acknowledged my blog, I’m excited to be back with a new and improved look.  Seven years ago, I started my blog to share my journey with the world. I was pregnant with my first child and eager to share my experience as a new mom to be. Then life started happening and I started realizing being a first-time mom isn’t all glitz and glam. To my surprise, I am now a 35-year-old mother of two boys, team boy mom, like what? How and when did all this happen! Lol, I know I still can’t believe how blessed I am. From the doctors telling me my chances of bearing children were very slim, to now having two boys; a 6-year-old and a 2-year-old.
My birthday was May 2 (yay, thirty fine!), and I felt an urge to get a new template going before I created this welcome back post. My blog was in need of some serious TLC, so I hired a guy who went to work on aligning the aesthetic of my blog with the way I expressed to him my feelings and my desired taste. I hope you all enjoy the new look as much as I do. 
I’m currently in a space where I can actually be more active, I hope this doesn’t change much and if it does change, I hope it’s for the best. I mean Lord, I wouldn’t be upset if you sent me a crew to help with all that my heart desires. If you know me, you know I’m always turning down help, shame on me! 

Who isn’t struggling with things in their lives that should be lessons learned? I have had quite the journey; I’m surprised at how well I’m currently holding up. I’m rambling AGAIN, I tell you guys more about my journey in another post, so you have to subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel to be in the know. 

Oh, by the way; I started a new YouTube channel. The old one is still active, but it’s more a family channel. I created a whole new channel for myself, but of course, you’ll catch my family in those videos here and there. 


About this birthday look: Every year I try to incorporate the color yellow in my styling for my birthday look. Why? Because it’s my favorite color and I love it so much. I have come to learn that me being attracted to yellow has a greater meaning. This of which is spiritual and not everyone might understand this. If I wasn’t on this journey, I wouldn’t have believed it myself. My spiritual journey leaves me to wonder, why spirituality isn’t talked about in great detail, the good the bad and the ugly, maybe it is, but I was in denial of the things humans are capable of. Imagine being on a spiritual journey and not having the proper guidance, becoming a lost soul. Just googling stuff on the internet day and night looking for answers. The search for answers seems endless, yet here you are being drawn to things you can’t begin to explain, or maybe you are afraid to share because you are not sure what people might think. The signs seem to get stronger and the pull for answers becomes more unclear, but you need answers, so you keep searching and praying. Ugh! I’m rambling again.


Anywho, when I saw this fabric, I knew this had to be it. I was running out of time and didn’t want to keep searching because that would cause even more delay, with shipments being delayed due to COVID 19 I needed to make a choice. 

So, here’s to celebrating my 35th Birthday quarantine style. I had a Zoom party and it was so much fun. You can watch clips from the party here. I even made an attempt to make my own birthday cake here.  


Remember do all things with love! Love always, Fabulous Perks!
I would love to feature you or your brand on my blog. 


Connect with me:
I love reading and I appreciate all your lovely comments! xoxo

Thank you so much for subscribing, sharing, commenting and stopping by :* 

15 comments :

  1. Happy belated birthday!! I absolutely love your outfit, big fan of all the colors! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job of making a great birthday celebration during quarantine! That dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out of here with that dress girl, you look frickin' fantastic! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That print is EVERYTHING. Love it love it love it. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress looks rlly good on you! Happy belated birthday too

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress really looks good.The print of combo colour is lovely. Happy birthday! (World in Eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is fabulous on you! Yes the life of motherhood and children is a whirlwind! Welcome back to the online world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday beautiful.you looked super b

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday! You look fantastic, a total Queen you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome feeling the celebration despite the quarantine. You look awesome on your nightingale outfit. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I can't imagine that I could get away with wearing these colors but it looks really good on you! I'm always afraid of trying new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great birthday celebration! I am taking inspiration for my birthday next month :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic! Hope you had an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, you look stunning in that dress. Plus your face masks is really nice. Welcome back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooohh that dress is speaking out to me! You look absolutely stunning. I hope you had a good one and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete